One of my favorite aspects of the Halloween season is the haunts! There are so many amazing mazes, interactive theater groups, immersive experiences, not to mention the big time attractions created by Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights or Knott’s Scary Farm. And hell, I’m just talking about Los Angeles! This sort of thing can be found across the country!
But what’s cool about ScareLA is that they get the party started early by throwing a convention at the end of summer to kick off the Halloween season in style. Their show centers heavily on the “haunt” world. They’ve just sent us a press release regarding their upcoming show and the announcement of the “SCARYWOOD” dark zone attraction. Read on for the full press releases and details!
ScareLA is the world’s first summer Halloween convention. Situated in the entertainment capital of the world, the event celebrates the American scare season traditions and the diverse cultural heritage of the Greater Los Angeles region. Featuring hundreds of specialty vendors, education programming, world-class industry presentations, ScareLA draws thousands of professionals, fans and families from the U.S. and abroad to celebrate Halloween early every summer. ScareLA is one of the fastest growing independent fan conventions in the U.S. addressing a $10 billion Halloween industry worldwide.
Welcome to SCARYWOOD! ScareLA is proud to present its biggest and most immersive dark experience to-date! Enter Scarywood, a spooky town out-of-place and out-of-time where fans will be able to mingle with its ghoulish residents and explore its creepy carnival, spooky streets and more!
The 60,000 sq.ft. dark hall will include:
- The world premiere of ‘Flatline” a groundbreaking new virtual reality experience where the audience can experience having a near-death experience in the back of a real ambulance and going to the other side and coming back irreversibly changed!
- ‘Rose MacBeth’ a blindfolded knife fight graveyard, presented by Wise Guys Events and a two-time Developers Choice Award winner!
- ‘The Summoning’ an exclusive AR experience from Clever Fox and director, Dekker Dreyer. A group of explorers will enter the basement of the Magnolia Hotel and with their smartphones reveal a hidden dimension of the gruesome and untouched crime scene of occultist Raphael Davidson who went on a killing spree in 1987.
- ‘ZTag Zombie Infection Arena’ an interactive game experience where four groups of humans are tasked with discussing the future of ‘The Safe Zone’, an area inhabited by humans after Los Angeles was destroyed by the undead. Fans can choose which group to join, including the undead and will have free will as to whom they will award their loyalty!
- ‘Debis’ Halloween 3D’ a UV blacklight maze with a surreal vibe and where monsters will abound!
ScareLA will take place on August 5-6 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Tickets for the convention are still available for purchase, but all monsters must act now before quantities die out!
For more information, visit www.scarela.com.